Detergent packs are kinda wishy-washy (Dishwashers Explained) technology connections dishwasher

Ever wonder how dishwashers work? Are you ever bummed by the performance of yours? Well, this video can answer your question and possibly provide you with a solution!
There’s a PART 2:

Technology Connextras (the second channel that stuff goes on sometimes):

Technology Connections on Twitter:

The TC Subreddit

This channel is supported through viewer contribution on Patreon. Thanks to the generous support of people like you, Technology Connections has remained independent and possible. It’s how I can yell at Cascade with aplomb! If you’d like to join the amazing people who’ve pledged their support, check out the link below. Thank you for your consideration!

And thank you to the following patrons!
Sebastien De Groof, Robert T Kirton, Alex Ferriroli, Juha Kuikka, Maggie Danger, Jay ‘Unionize Everything Except Cops’ Logan, Conduit of Queerness, Mage of Life, Matthew Lowe, An Ho, Steven Byrum-Bratsen, Sean Callinan, Scott Schreiber, Mitch Buchan, Sarah Collie, Maxime André, Chaos215bar2 , Michael Grados, Daniel Nefzger, Matias Mariani, Christopher Barback, yetanothername , Synoiz , Chip , Ulises Vargas, Jennifer Rae Fuchek, Adrian Bridgett, John Gjonola, Yannick , Chad Gertz, Zhongchao Qian, Sean Murphy, Erica Eagles, Robey Pointer, Hayden Taylor, Aimee Kidrick, Alexander folk, Matt Gibbons, Omnizen, Zach Bean, mstar27, Jack Knight, Peter Bergström, Peter Amling, David Ziemlak, GGreathouse , Stephen A. Wilson, Sam Becraft, Chris Benejam, Veronica Cary, Vincent Sandstoe, Robert Mikhayelyan, Corey Ogburn, Harlan , Mike Stunes, William Leonard, Cory King, Matt Braun, Eugene Arutchev, Steven Fazzio, Harrison Co, Michael Cafarelli, Gabriel, Justin Patriquin, Olof , Vincent Venezia, Doug Wallace, Brad Quinn, Jim Puls, Zachary W Collins, Alex, Ross James, Jonfidential, Lillian Fleming, Jason Durbin, Kevin McClaning, Keith Ditchman, ventusignis, Jeremy Iamurri, Michael, Skoddie , Alix Odendhal, bd_, Benjamin Gouveia, Ryan Doucet, Billy, Sean Crocker, Phillip M, Robert Cole, iain , Ross Carter, Jakub Strzyżewski (jeikobu__), Robert Fares, Neptunium Fluoride, Fangzahn Aviation Studios, Aaron Binns, Matthew Yu, Johannes Wüller, Adam Golden, Rustmane Skytrekker, John J Yang, Matthew Hilder, leastbad, Joe Pannullo, Alex Conner, Colin Williams, Alex Lindeman, Jim Gilsinan, Kohana Coyote, Michael Goode, Julian Freeman, Ed Torres, Jon-Håkon Røli, Matt Wright, Gunplumber , Bane Williams, Villodre , vinny rapisarda, Manuel Garcia, Matthew Lucas, Doomerdinger , Udo Strass, Jonathan Polley, SomeonesGonnaPayForThis , Thomas Rowan, Robert Valdimarsson, Atsumari, Alex Groom, Blythe Rathi, Brian Beck, Billiam , LazySpoon, Greg Lindsey, Robert Haynes, David Nelson, Eli Youngs, Paul Hackett, Alex H., John Curley, Benjamin Dykstra, Dan Cortes, Vy-let Cybra, Joseph Fickus, Raymond Ernesto Colón, Mike Berman, Kay Ohtie, Cysioland, Pathite , Mr.Bright, Frode Hauge, Stu Kabakoff, Carmichael Keane See, Chris Jordan, Steven V, Brian & Laura, Brian Holder, Mindy B., Patrick Köhl, NoFriendsThatSlav , Jeremy Whaling, Sunshine Heart, VMRosetta, Nathan Walters, Michael Yeo, Massimo Fierro, Grant Blayney, Jake Sanders, William McKinnerney, Elizabeth, Amy Cable, Rafael De Los Santos, heyitsleo , Paul Sutton, Timothy Dunn, Duncan Sanford, Jack Alderson, Eric Kalenak, Lukas Svec, Mike Nichols, Roman, Ari Kestenbaum, Sean Harding, Bryan Helmig, Luis Calvo Mayo, Felix Huang, Blake Palacio, Jonathan Cotton, Isaac , Spencer Golde, William Willing, Pedro Soto, Vincent McBeigh, Ramon Perez, Xtr3m3 , Steve Fallon, Punkey , Sascha Strauß, Scott Kuker, V. Legrand, Igor Cananea, Shane Chambers, Jacob Oost, Donald Garwood, Aeryn Light, Brian B., CyborgHobbit , Dan Basterfield, Casey Keeney, James FitzGibbon, MegaZone , Brian Ingalls, Aaron Carson, Erik T, Gregg Medley, Zackary Wojtan, Cody Bittle, Patrick, Andrew Hoddinott, Benjamin Rister, Shay Sandik, Daniel Marcinkowski, Jayde Coler, Fauxfreshness , Patrick Kennedy, Jesse S, Oswyn Brent, A tall shade of the color red, Colin Gagich, Mike McCaffrey, Michael Olpin, Charles Hayward, Andrew Krew, Devedander, Bryan Countryman, David McGrath, Richie Gaiser, Matt Christensen, Ben, Truls Zhong Konstali, Cuervo , Mauve Co, Martin Rempel, Eric Graves, Philip Cheek, Alexander Schlickenmaier, Jesse Weaver, Thomas Kula, Ed McCloskey, Harold Godwinson, Johann Thomsen, Jordan DeLong, Keith Hemenway, Aaron Greenberg, Matt Brown, Benjamin Douel, mooncow , Oliver White, Andrew Eslick, Brent Medling, Joel V, Philip Rehorst, John Harris, Mike and Zack, DCBuffalo, Emilio Mendoza, Patricia , Cody, Henry Dwyer, Colin Coyle, Cuddlefisch , nate grover, Martin Smith, Darryl !, bagel mode

Images related to the topic technology connections dishwasher

Detergent packs are kinda wishy-washy (Dishwashers Explained)

Detergent packs are kinda wishy-washy (Dishwashers Explained)

Search related to the topic Detergent packs are kinda wishy-washy (Dishwashers Explained)

#Detergent #packs #kinda #wishywashy #Dishwashers #Explained
Detergent packs are kinda wishy-washy (Dishwashers Explained)
technology connections dishwasher

Technology Connections 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

There's an important thing that was missed in this video! The instructions from Cascade are telling you to use way too much detergent. I've made a follow-up video about detergent dosing and also addressed a lot of your concerns in it. https://youtu.be/Ll6-eGDpimU
If packs were sold with, maybe, tear-off baby packs meant to be thrown in along with the main wash, I'd be elated. And, to be clear, it's not like I think packs, tabs, whatever don't work – I'm sure plenty of you have fine experiences with them. They just… well as I said they don't make sense to me. Not for a dishwasher, anyway!

Paul T 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

GENIUS and so entertaining!!! Thank you!

a smol bean 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

Eyyyy Cochrane joke

Mister32 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

…so you're saying I can substitute eggs with soap in my baking?

sassamifrass 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

This is the first video I've seen of yours, and it has sold me on your entire channel.

Tony Monteiro 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

Very informative. I will spread the gospel.

Billy Reynolds 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

We have get a lot of lime scale with our water, I've been using the prefill basin and adding lemon juice. Since then no more gross chalky residue

Michael J Price 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

As of last week I have fixed all the problems with my dishwasher, I switched to powder and started filling both compartments, I introduced rinse-aid into the mix, and I even ran one of those cleaning products through my dishwasher once, it works perfectly now, and I have you to thank

Indigo 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

Got a bunch of friends who share a house. Couple weeks ago they were complaining about their dishwasher, and I told them about this. Apparently it worked so well that when I was over yesterday, one of them stopped another friend (who didn’t live there) from washing a dish, saying “we have a new thing with the dishwasher, just put it in there and they come out perfect”.

Your thing worked so well that they actively stopped someone else from washing their dishes

Space Catboy 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

i eliminated having to wash dishes by just eating out of the frying pan i cook the food in. One fork, one pan, put the pan on the floor, let the cats eat what they want and there ya go.

Kelly Perazzolo 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

Excellent video.

Evad82Arr6 _ 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

So I was really reluctant to skip this video and search for a different one because of his explanation and how he talks. I decided to continue to listen and learn from this video. I found it very resourceful and informative. I give it two thumbs up

John 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

I use one of the cheapest washing powders available here in OZ, just use a cap full from the bottle it's self and I've never had unclean dishes, and I don'r care about clear class wear, but, it still comes out clean and streak free.

Joycedale Chapman 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

I just watched a 30 min video on how to use a dishwasher. I can't believe how entertaining and informative I found it! You're a great host

zither q 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

What happens if you put the detergent pack in the "pre wash" basin?
Maybe it would achieve getting detergent into the first fill, then once opening up the holder, let the rest Pack/FinishTab when fully open. The tabs seem small enough to fit in the pre wash spot. I'm certainly interested in takes about dishwashers now.

Michael Hayes 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

Yeah, I Learned the lesson o no liquid dish soap in the washing machine when I was 9 or so, I thought I would "help Mom" by doing the dishes. Liquid soap and hours of suds later, we no longer had a working washing machine. Hours of hand washing followed over the years. Learned the lesson o no liquid dish soap in the washing maching

Jass&OtherStuff 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

My dish scrubber of 62 years watched your video with me. She didn't believe it. Her dishes and flatware are put in the dishwasher cleaner than they come out. I have so far run 3 loads using your methods. We had to re-wash two of the glass baking dishes due to really tiny spots on them. I don't think she can put dishes in without at lease rinsing them. Maybe she will have time now for something else than pre-wash scrubbing. Thanks a million from Corpus Christi, Texas.

Joseph Upton 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

I use the powder in a box. That is the cheapest way to go. Also…if you have a water softener then you can use about 30 percent of the soap necessary for hard water.

zither q 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

Looks my dad was right about this! By using the powder in both spots, the dishes get cleaner.
My mom just used a pack in the main one, but its cleaner with both.

Empire526907 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

I just offered to wash my own dishes today and my dad was showing me how he was doing it and I barely understood it. It was so much harder than just placing them into a dishwasher and leaving it until it gets full! It was made more complicated by our sink not draining at all but still. He also still thinks you need to wash the dishes before and after the dishwasher operates, dispite me showing him this video.

Tomás Rosales 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

There's a dishwasher powder detergent (box) at Dollar Tree. Have you tried it?

Chris wat 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

He doesn't get it.
smh

Scott Z 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

No recipe included for that cheese and bean dip you say you like to make occasionally!?!?

Capernici Reacher 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

So, I’ve recently got a new dishwasher after my old KitchenAid one finally died after over 20 years of work.

My new one is a Bosch 800 Series, and there are some interesting things to note about it, especially compared to what you’ve said (and taught me).

1) The instructions notably call for the use of liquid, powder, or compressed tab detergent. Note that pods are specifically absent here.

2) While the detergent dispenser only has a single compartment, the “handle” for the upper rack is labeled as a “detergent tray”, and would seem to be where detergent for the first cycle might go. However…

3) This tray has no markings for measurement, and its large drain slits are counterintuitive to the use of powdered or liquid detergent. Also, there are no instructions in the included physical manual regarding its use, other than to eschew its use as a tray for objects. There is supposedly a full use manual available online, but I have not yet gotten to look at it.

I would imagine that using a full compressed detergent tab for the first cycle would be overkill, so without knowing its intended use, I cannot imagine how it could be intended to be used.

With all this in mind, I dearly wish I had watched this video months ago when my KitchenAid broke. We were having consistent leaking issues, despite replacing and reinforcing all the seals and hinges. Knowing what I know now from your video, I would have thought to check the float switch (and fill switch) for any kind of damage/clogging/misc issue which could have caused the problem.

Your videos always prove themselves invaluable to me, and this one is no exception. Thank you for all you do for people like me.

Cameron Cluelow 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

i cant get over…

"this dishwasher is of the pulverizing variety" 10:24

Wishy Washy Windows 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

I approve 😎

Fernanda Andrade 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

when he mentioned the "disgusting" disposal filter I just thought "ha, americans.."

computerkid1416 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

"If you use soap from the start, it can work so much better"

I was expecting a cheesy rhyme there.

Lief Erikson #1151 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

i am a kitchen builder and oh boy, 7 out of 10 customers replacing their dishwasher within the first 2 year guarantee is because they use them wrong, sometimes even damaging devices next to the dishwasher.

Jacob 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

I live in a cheap apartment with a cheap dishwasher. I use store brand powder and it cleans everything just fine 95% of the time. It’s big issue is spatulas with crap still on them. I’ve tried putting them in the utensil basket and sideways on the upper rack. Neither does very well tbh. Also drying. It tends to leave water in the divots on the bottoms of cups. Other than that, the cheap hunk of junk cleans just fine

Kicha 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

Why cant dishwashers just work like a coffee machine? Fill in a whole pack and the machine takes out what is currently needed.

Arthur Vieira Souto 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

My dogs are the pre-wash mode and my hands are the full wash mode. I had an dish washer but it sucked so bad at washing anything that was not perfectly flat that we just give it away when it broke after 3 years of struggling use

Kate 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

LMAO I have this same dishwasher in my apartment and this explains so much. I guess this is what I get for not reading the instructions for it, but to be fair my landlord didn't leave them around.

Greenville 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

Not to be pedantic, but he keeps saying soap, when he should be saying detergent. Dishwashers use detergent, not soap.

LaigledeMeaux 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

Another potential, instead of using two packs, is to use both packs and the regular stuff. One pack for the main wash, and the regular stuff for the prewash

Ill Wolf 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

Could you please do one on washing machines and/or dryers?

Erebus 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

Conclusion: add a prewash with a detergent pack

Pink Sapphire 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

Deluge of detritus decongestant

David Gruver 13/12/2021 - 5:51 Chiều

Excellent!!! Very good explanations of everything dishwasher!